When imagining what real Aussie Indigenous rock looks like, Scott Darlow should be what comes to mind. For more than ten years, Darlow has been one of the country’s hardest working and most successful independent artists. Combining incredible unique vocal ability with hooky guitar driven rock with the distinct sounds of the didgeridoo thrown in, Darlow is the real deal.
- New guitar driven rock album, Sorry, out September 2016 via Gonzales Records AUS. (Think Switchfoot meets Crowded House to understand where this new project is rooted).
- Previous two records All I Am (2012), Underground, Live and acoustic at the Soak, (2006), sold over 25,000 physical copies between them.
- Both albums still sell well digitally and stream in the USA, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, Macau and Malaysia.
- Recorded the hit radio single Solid Rock with Goanna frontman and author Shane Howard as a duet.
- The official Solid Rock music video saw Darlow collaborate with AFL legends Anthony Koutoufidies, Robert Dipierdomenico, David Wirrpanda, Allen Christensen, NRL legend Nathan Merritt, Logie nominated TV personality Grant Hansen, Country music stars Troy Cassar Daley and Adam Brand, award winning Roots Blues singer songwriter Ash Grunwald, multi Aria winning artist John Butler, world renowned actor Uncle Jack Charles, singer songwriter Fatai Veamatahau, the legendary Kasey Chambers and world famous Aussie surefer Otis Carey.
- The official music video for Down Like Flies saw Darlow collaborate with Helpmann award winning actor Matt Hetherington, TV and radio host/personality and author Jane Gazzo, and TV host Melissa Hetherington
- First album Be With You, saw Darlow record with his cousin, All Australian West Coast Eagles Vice Captain David Wirrpanda with Wirrpanda singing traditional Aboriginal language and playing the didgeridoo on the track.
- Darlows first single from the forthcoming album, Sorry, became the most played rock song on Australian radio for the month of February. It reached number 6 on the itunes download charts.
- Solid Rock was a featured single on Spotify playlist suggestions, and has been shazamed over 10,000 times.
- Forthcoming album (Sorry) publishing signed to Mushroom Music.
- Second single Down Like Flies released late May 2016 was immediately added to radio stations all over Australia and is already receiving spot play on Triple M nationally.
Upon request from Triple M management, Darlow recorded a didgeridoo infused version of the Triple M Dr Dan theme song, which Triple M have been playing nationally.